Can a word or a few words make a difference in your life? Yes having a word or phrase for the year, sets the tone. Personally I have seen this in my own life both professionally and personally.
Here is the professional part –
- I started this in 2015, and my word was Journey. In that year, my journey led me to having my own office space for my part-time practice and to the love of my life.
- In 2016, my word was Discovery. That year I discovered how to better market my private business, so I ended quitting my full-time job and growing my practice to full-time business.
- In 2017, my word was Inspiration. In 2017, I was contact by production company to create my own talk show. Thus www.bringingintimacyback.com – a radio and TV talk show has now been created and it aired in February 2018.
- In 2018, my word was Action. In 2018, I did 66 TV and Radio Shows and met wonderful professionals as my guests on the show and I became President of Gulf Coast Mental Health Counseling Association.
- In 2019, my word was Balance. I focused on improving my wellness in all 8 dimensions – Emotional, Environmental, Financial, Intellectual, Occupations, Physical, Social, and Spiritual – because I wanted to inspire others to do the same. I turned www.bringingintimacyback.com into a Radio Show/Podcast so that I can reach more people. In additions, I had many blessing and growths in my personal and business life including supporting my dad beating cancer, enjoying our wonderful family trips to New York and Costa Rica, starting and maintaining a work-out regiment, buying a new office in Cape Coral, creating a couples retreat for next summer- www.vacationcounseling.com, moving into our new home, building a stronger mindset, eating healthier, and most importantly building stronger intimate connections with my Higher Power, family, friends, and colleagues.
- In 2020, my word is Harmony. Well last year, Balance I thought was a good word. However, I found out there was never a time were everything in my life was equal (even though I tried), which is what the word Balance is truly about. For example, sometimes I had to spend more time with family during a crisis and working out and other things had to be put on the back burner. Thus through the help of #TondaLawson at the end of last year, I realized that what I really want to accomplish is Harmony in all that I do – all the notes in my life to positively support one another. Thus some notes maybe higher than others at different times; but at all times, there is a unity that brings love to everything I do.
Therefore My Word for 2020 is Harmony. What will be your Word of the Year? Please check out this article and create and share your word of the year. https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2017/01/02/4-ways-to-guarantee-success-this-year/#.WGu9TePjotk.linkedin