Can a word or a few words make a difference in your life? Yes having a word or phrase for the year, sets the tone. Personally I have seen this in my own life both professionally and personally.
Here is the professional part –
- I started this in 2015, and my word was Journey. In that year, my journey led me to having my own office space for my part-time practice and to the love of my life.
- In 2016, my word was Discovery. That year I discovered how to better market my private business, so I ended quitting my full-time job and growing my practice to full-time business.
- In 2017, my word was Inspiration. In 2017, I was contact by production company to create my own talk show. Thus www.bringingintimacyback.com – a radio and TV talk show has now been created and it aired in February 2018.
- In 2018, my word was Action. In 2018, I did 66 TV and Radio Shows and met wonderful professionals as my guests on the show and I became President of Gulf Coast Mental Health Counseling Association.
- In 2019, my word was Balance. I focused on improving my wellness in all 8 dimensions – Emotional, Environmental, Financial, Intellectual, Occupations, Physical, Social, and Spiritual – because I wanted to inspire others to do the same.
- In 2020, my word is Harmony. Well last year, Balance I thought was a good word. However, I found out there was never a time were everything in my life was equal (even though I tried), which is what the word Balance is truly about. Thus I realized that what I really want to accomplish is Harmony in all that I do – all the notes in my life to positively support one another. Thus some notes maybe higher than others at different times; but at all times, there is a unity that brings love to everything I do. However as I look back, 2020 was not a harmonious year for our country or world and we can all agree on that. In fact, last year increased the anxiety level of most people, including myself. The basis of anxiety is fear.
- In 2021, my word is FEARLESS. We have had so much scary and crazy things going on that have threaten our lives, dignity, beliefs and most important our love for one another, that we have stop truly living as human beings with respect to ourselves and others and we have missed opportunities to grow. One opportunity that I am not going to miss this year out of my own fears is to write a book. Thus this year, with true discernment my word for the year is Fearless and I will not fear what My Higher Power has for me.
Therefore My Word for 2021 is Fearless. What will be your Word of the Year? Please check out this article and create and share your word of the year. https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2017/01/02/4-ways-to-guarantee-success-this-year/#.WGu9TePjotk.linkedin