Online Counseling/TeleMental Health with Dr. April
Are you feeling overwhelm or depress? Need Counseling…but you cannot come to Dr. April’s offices in Cape Coral because…
- The Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- You are stuck at work.
- Your location is outside the area of Lee or Collier County.
- There is no one you can depend on to watch your children.
- You feel more comfortable at your location.
If so, please contact Dr. April Brown, a Board Certified-TeleMental Health Provider. Here is some basic information about Online Counseling/TeleMental Health
- The services are real-time. You will be able to see and interact with Dr. April.
- The services are through a secure online, HIPAA web based practice management platform called SimplePractice . This technology can provide a secure two-way, interactive video counseling sessions over the internet.
- You can schedule services at a time that is convenient for you.
Online Counseling/TeleMental Health can provide multiple benefits to you. However, you need to check to see if this is the best fit for you and your situation. To help you in understanding Online Counseling/TeleMental Health, here are some benefits and limitations of this form of counseling:
- Provides counseling services when clients cannot go into an office.
- Comfort from increased privacy/distance
- Greater flexibility and convenience to clients
- Saves time and cost because less travel time
- Additional logistical and technical requirement
- Different potential for interruptions
- Different to in-person session (though somewhat similar)
- Less appropriate for some counseling situations